The Parents and Citizen’s Association would like to welcome you to Huntingdale Primary School, and introduce you to our fantastic organisation. We would also like to invite you to become a member and participate in our various fun events. It is a great way to join your school community, meet new friends and make a difference in your child’s education.
The Association is made of up the following sections:
- The Office Bearers consist of the President, two Vice Presidents (we have a big school), Treasurer and Secretary.
- A representative who attends district meetings of West Australian Council of State Schools Organisation (WACSSO). WACSSO is involved with things such as lobbying the State Government regarding educational issues, (such as the speed limit around schools) and also supplies the P & C with training opportunities and help where needed.
- A General Committee who are involved with various activities, and support the organisation in many different ways.
- Sub Committees
- Fundraising – This committee co-ordinates the fundraising events for the P & C each year.
- Bookclub – This Committee co-ordinates our bookclub orders and distribution of books.
The school’s P & C Association holds a variety of events during the school calendar year. Funds are raised by such events as, Mother’s Day & Father’s Day Stalls, School Sports Carnival Events, School Disco’s and Free Dress Days. In turn this supports the school by providing the extras that make such a difference.
The Association usually meets on the second and sixth Wednesday’s of each Term; however these dates are confirmed on the Term Planner.
We always welcome new members and we will always supply training opportunities for anybody who wishes to take on a position with the Association. Your P & C Committee strongly believes that it is necessary to grow and develop as a group, and the best way to achieve that, is to have new people joining the P & C Association.
Once again, welcome to our wonderful school and we look forward to meeting you and your family in the coming year. If you would like to contact us, simply phone the school and leave a message for me to contact you.
Mrs L Connor
P & C President